Monday, October 25, 2010

All Good Things Must Come to An End

I was off work since last Thursday for Fall Break. If I ever doubted I would get too bored if I didn't have to work this long weekend proved to me that working is for the birds! I had a fun but restful 4 days off.

Wednesday night Mom and I had a girls night and went to the Carrie Underwood concert. It was too fun! Carrie Underwood is like a living barbie doll with amazing pipes. She is so darn cute and her wedding ring.... to. die. for.

Please excuse the awful quality. I only had my phone

Thursday the fun continues with my Mom. We had a great girls day that included lunch, shopping, manicure, and pedicure. I got the BEST news while I was getting pampered that my dear friend Steph was going to have her baby girls very soon! I was so excited to meet these girls. It was so fun to be with Steph and Kyle  during this journey. It began in Austin during our Spring Break trip when Steph's motherly instincts told her she was pregnant, to me becoming pregnant and asking her a million questions, to this moments knowing I get to meet these girls so soon.

Friday Josh and I went to Dallas for the Rangers vs. Yankees playoff game. We all know that I am not a sports fan but I thought this game would be well worth the trip. It exceeded my expectations. It was great!!! The atmosphere is like I have never experienced before. We stayed the night and got up the next morning and went to the JFK museum. Josh is somewhat obsessed with JFK's assassination. Well not somewhat obsessed more like clinically obsessed.

Josh during his museum tour. So pumped

Finally the day comes where I get to meet the Nevel girls!!! I was so anxious all weekend to get up to that hospital and see Steph and the girls. Stephanie was doing wonderful. She looked great (beside her ankles, he he) and was already sporting the face of a proud Mother. We got to see both Campbell and Sophie. They are so feminine and precious. The visit made me so anxious to meet our Charlotte Lillian. I cannot wait for Sophie, Campbell, and Charlotte to become great friends.

Mary, Me, and Steph with Miss Campbell

Well, I guess that sums my long weekend up. I am so sad it is over but already looking forward to Thanksgiving break in 25 days! But who is counting....

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! S & C can't wait to meet Miss Charlotte. And I love the middle name! Can't wait for you to come hang out with them when they are ready to play. :)

    ReplyDelete