I have a fat bone to pick with all of my lady friends and family who have been pregnant. I am not sure why fellow women leave out the real truth of pregnancy. I was never warned about the real “joys” of pregnancy. I am not sure if I have known these beforehand would have helped or made it worse but at least I was somewhat aware what was about to occur. The following are just my current struggles :
- I lay in bed trying to sleep and I spit up in my mouth like a newborn baby. A bottle of tums now sits next to my alarm clock.
- There are already stretch marks appearing on my unrecognizable body. I look like I just visited a plastic surgeon and got marked up with that dreaded purple marker.
- My face, hands, and feet look like I am allergic to Charlotte. Everything is swollen. No more wedding ring and no more double narrow feet.
- I have always had a soft spot for Africa but I never thought I would be able to relate to the women, i.e. national geographic boobies.
- Gas. I poot and burp without any warning and apologizes for that matter.
- I grunt when I stand up, bend down, roll over.
- My breathing resembles a 60 year obese man.
Again, these are just some of my current struggles. I am truly not meaning to be negative but being honest with what comes along with pregnancy. After all of that negativity I must end on a positive note: I am 29 weeks today and absolutely LOVE feeling Lottie kick and see her moving around in my belly. That is something you will never hear me complain about!