Friday, September 9, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken N' Dumplings

Yes, you heard me right. Two of my favorite things; the crock pot and chicken n' dumplings. Actually, would that be three of my favorite things? Crock pot, chicken, and dumplings? Anyways... I haven't tried this recipe but I am going to get the ingredients this weekend and will let you know how it turns out.


Here’s the deets:
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts 
2 tablespoons butter 
2 cans cream of chicken soup 
1 can chicken broth 
1 onion diced (I used half of one) 
1 tablespoon dried parsley 
4 grands flaky refrigerator biscuits (I used five)
Put the chicken, butter, cream of chicken, chicken broth, parsley and onions in the crock pot and cook on high for four to six hours. Mine only needed five, and probably didn’t even need that much.
As the chicken cooks and gets tender, break it up with a spoon or fork, whatever.
Get your biscuits and cut them into nine pieces. I kind of rolled them into balls to ensure they stayed whole but it’s not necessary. Stir into chicken mixture and cook for another hour.
(The recipe says to cook for 30 minutes and my biscuits were not done at that point. One hour did the trick.)
I noticed as it cooked that it was a tiny bit thick, and the recipe said to add chicken broth if necessary. I was out of that, so I used chicken soup and it worked great. ;) I just put a bit in to make it a little creamier.

1 comment:

  1. sharing recipes? who are you and what did you do with my best friend???

    ReplyDelete