Monday, November 21, 2011

PJ Day From Hell

When I saw the weather forecast for today all I could think about was having a PJ day with my girl. We were going to watch movies and girl talk all day.

Chloe and Harold were just as excited as I was for the day and they claimed their spot by the fire early. I had the worst idea yet as a new Mother and thought I should capture the moment with a picture.

Seen here:

It was all smiles until Charlotte reached back and touched the glass door on the fireplace. It was less than a second before I heard the most pathetic scream of my life.  I swooped her up and immediately her hand was white. I called the doctor's office but it was tough to talk to the nurse over Charlotte's scream. She told me not to go to the ER because I would have to wait and hurry to come to their office. My Mom thankfully rushed over to the house and we took her to the doctor's office. What would I do without my Mom?

The doctor said to wait for the blisters, yes blisters is plural, to pop and then once it is popped the healing process will start. I will then put cream on and wrap it for 5-7 days. I was also given pain medicine.




Needless to say, I feel like the worlds worst Mother. I know these things happen and it will happen over and over but geez I sat her right next to the damn fireplace. I think Charlotte and I will both suffer from long term post traumatic stress syndrome every time we see a fireplace.

Please pray for a very speedy recovery for our Charlie girl.

This picture was taken several hours after the "incident". Looks like we are going to be okay. 

2 comments:

  1. Adrian burned his hand on a space heater when he was 18 months old. I know how you feel. I'm so sorry. Mini Josh looks okay though. The chair was a much safer prop. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor baby! Don't doubt yourself as a mom. There will he many bumps and bruises along the way. Hope she reels better soon!

    ReplyDelete