Friday, February 10, 2012

Snot Suckers

I am sure most people Friday's night do not consist of searching for the best snot sucker but it has come to that at the White House. Be jealous. Charlotte has had a chronic runny nose for almost two weeks and still on medication from her ear infection. Somebody please remind me that cold season is almost over?

First we have the lovely hospital nasal bulb syringe:

This has never worked great for us. Sure if there is literally snot hanging out it will get it but it doesn't clear her congestion. My friend Lisa suggested the NoseFrida but forgot to leave out the key details and you need the key details. You stick one end in the babies nose and you honest to God suck the other end like a Sonic route 44. I really think this could work good but it made Charlotte so upset and created more mucus. I think she didn't like seeing her Mom stoop to that level. Right back at you, Charlotte.


Our last resort was suggested to me by Charlotte's favorite teacher at Mother's Day Out. It is the Graco Nasal Clear Nasal Aspirator. I found the cheapest one at Toys R Us for $20.00. It had great reviews online so I was willing to give it a try.

It is electronic and even plays a diddy to distract your little one. It suggests you put some saline drops in first and then your ready for the "big show". I have to say, it worked great! I wish I bought this weeks ago. If your babe is suffering from a runny/stuff nose you might try it.

Here is a video of Charlotte trying her new device for the first time. Happy TGIF:

No comments:

Post a Comment