Friday, March 2, 2012

Brat

Brat: A child, especially a spoiled or ill-mannered one.

As I wrote in my post last night I was afraid to go to sleep because I was scared of what today would bring and it turns out it was a completely legitimate fear.  Today is already worse than yesterday. What the hell is going on? Is my biggest fear as a parent coming true? Is my prize possession a brat? I'll be the first to admit I always sat afar and judged the parents whose kids were throwing fits and tantrums at restaurants and let me be the first to say; karma is a bitch. Today was the first time I had to leave a restaurant early because MY child was misbehaving. Charlotte cried, kicked, and yes threw her grilled cheese. I felt like I was being hazed into Motherhood. Being a Mom is hard. I mean really, really, hard. Here are some things I constantly  remind myself: 1. Tomorrow is a new day 2. Charlotte will love me no matter how hard I suck at being a Mom today 3. Lots of people want to be Mom's and can't so suck it up

So my baby brat is napping right now and I need to get on amazon.com ASAP and get some parenting books. Wish me good luck. If you see us out and about and Charlotte is acting a muck please don't judge, we are working on it.

1 comment:

  1. Christy PenndorfMarch 3, 2012 at 6:33 PM

    I know exactly how you feel. I definitely remember the tantrums in the restaurants. One of the worst is when they start throwing a fit while waiting to check out at the grocery store, target, etc. You just feel everyone's eyes on you. This is when they can be so sweet one minute and a holy terror the next. It just takes time, but it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete