Monday, April 30, 2012

Music Monday

This Music Monday is a bit different. This one is geared more to my Momma friends so Josh and Zac I will hit you up next week. I hope you understand.

Although I have been a Mom for over a year now the role is still relatively new to me and being a stay at home Mom is something I am still adjusting to daily. My life is the furthest thing from glamorous. Most days I find the cutest lounge outfit, pull my hair back, and make my face look decent enough for public. I will be honest and admit I find myself questioning, "is my life significant?" My days are no longer filled with raising money for an inner city school or working for a U.S. Senator but they are filled with chasing a toddler around and praying for patience. And then, my question is answered when Charlotte will laugh, smile, or even hug me just because. Thank you God for sending the constant reassurance that my life is indeed very significant.

So my song choice today is by Steven Curtis Chapman and it is called "Do Everything". I really do not like the song, actually I don't like it all,  but I love the lyrics. These ring so true to me lately and I hope they bring encouragement to my Mom friends as well. We need to remember we are not good Mother's for ourselves. We are doing this for His glory and for our kids.


You’re picking up toys on the living room floor for the 15th time today
Matching up socks
Sweeping up lost cheerios that got away
You put a baby on your hip
Color on your lips and head out the door
While I may not know you,
I bet I know you
Wonder sometimes, does it matter at all?
Well let me remind you, it all matters just as long
As you do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you,
Cause he made you,
To do
Every little thing that you do
To bring a smile to His face
Tell the story of grace
With every move that you make
And every little thing you do

Artist: Steven Curtis Chapman
Song: "Do Everything"


No comments:

Post a Comment