Thursday, May 31, 2012

Meet Annetta



Annetta Obichi Oleru is a young lady I met when I was fundraiser at a KIPP school in Oklahoma City. She is pretty freaking amazing. She just graduated from high school at St. George's in Rhode Island on a $43,000 yearly scholarship. This fall she will continue her road to success by attending Loyola University on a full ride. I told you she is freaking amazing. The best thing about Annetta isn't the scholastic accolades; it is the way she carries herself. She has more confidence and self awareness than a lot of girls I know at my age now. She has defied so many odds against her and proves that she can and will do anything she wants to do.

I took her to dinner tonight to celebrate her graduation and Annetta told me she is looking for a summer job. So I am writing to ask you if you know of anything Annetta can do this summer. Please ask around or keep your eyes out for places that are hiring. She is open and willing to do anything full time to save money for college. I have her resume if you need it. 

Thank you so much in advance! 

Here is Annetta speaking several years ago at a KIPP conference I attended when she was honored with a National award. It is worth taking the time to watch.






1 comment:

  1. She is so adorable! What a superstar. I'll keep an ear out for a job.

    ReplyDelete