Sunday, July 22, 2012

Team USA

The Vaughn family is a HUGE Olympic fan. I don't know where it originally started but I always remember it being a huge deal with our family. Several years ago we took a trip to Park City, Utah and we were able to visit the site where the 2002 Winter Olympics were held. It was beyond cool. They still use it for a training site for future Olympians.


This is a picture of skiers practicing ski jumps. For training they actually land in a large pool.

My Dad, Brother, Josh, and I got the crazy idea to ride the actual bobsled they used in the Olympics. They have put concrete on the shoot and let ignorant tourists sign their life away for a ride.


I am not kidding when I say it was the fastest and craziest thing I have ever done. The speed gets up to 70+ mph and 4 Gs and that happens FAST.  We all blacked out within seconds of the ride and I was so sore the next day from being tossed around like a ragdoll.

Here is a YouTube video of the "ride":



But two thumbs up to surviving:


With all of that said I am and my family is giddy that the Olympic games are beginning in 5 days.  I hope Charlie likes them as much as we do!

On a side note, Old Navy has darling Olympic t-shirts. You better bet the whole White Family (Charlotte included) and Vaughn Family has their shirts already.

Team USA Shirts

TEAM USA! TEAM USA! TEAM USA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment