Tuesday, February 5, 2013

F-L-U

F-L-U is the worst three letters in the whole wide world. Charlotte came down with the mean, awful, nasty flu last week. Along with the flu she also got an ear infection and pink eye. I am not over exaggerating when I say it was the darkest week ever. It felt like it was never going to end.

Looking back it seems her first real day of the flu was Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. Charlotte was so pathetic. She couldn't even hold her head up and would fall asleep anywhere but just for a few minutes at a time. Josh and I even lost weight because we didn't have the time nor energy to sit down to eat. The three of us struggled to make it through the days.

But I am beyond happy to report that Charlotte is now a full three days free of fever and returning back to her old self. My prayers are now shifting to Josh and I to not get the flu. I spent hours cloroxing the house and fingers are crossed that our house and family are germ free.

I hope the flu and I never meet again

Flu Baby

We could only get her to sleep in the car

This was yesterday and I finally got to see our old Charlotte again

2 comments:

  1. This makes me sad to read this post! Poor Charlotte...and poor Mommy and Daddy! So glad she's feeling better and hope everyone else stays well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for no more flu!! You are super mom for making it through that alive.

    ReplyDelete